Are you an “accidental homeschooler?”
Many schools have shut down in an effort to keep people safe during the pandemic leaving the at least one of the parents of those children as an “accidental homeschooler.” Parents who had no intention of homeschooling have now been called to do that very thing…with very little time to prepare for the change.
Join me today as I share some tips to help encourage and equip parents in this situation as well as give some practical ways to gauge “success” in your homeschool. You may be surprised that education isn’t all about academics.
In this episode for the accidental homeschooler, you’ll hear:
- why your school day gets significantly shorter at home
- what to do with your day outside of academics
- why it’s important to remember to run all advice through the filter of your actual home and family
- why connecting with each other is so critical to your child’s education
- what character has to do with your child’s education
- some academic options beyond the basics that can enrich your child’s day…as well as yours 😉
- three simple questions to help you gauge success
- why homeschool is really just an extension of your existing home