Do you find it easy to embrace your child’s differences?
As new parents – or even “not yet” parents – we can have many dreams and ideas about what our children are going to be like. Sometimes we are accurate about personality traits or hair color or interests but often God blesses us with children who have differences we really didn’t expect. We then have the choice – do we push against these differences or press into them?
Join us today as actor, author & filmmaker, Nathan Clarkson talks about all the difference embracing your child’s differences can make. As a man who struggles with his own unique challenges and a former child whose parents played a crucial role in his education, he should know.
Nathan is an encouragement to moms and kids alike, inspiring both to press on and embrace the unique challenges that can come with an outside-the-box child. His new picture book (co-authored with his mother, the wonderful, Sally Clarkson), Only You Can Be You, will give parents a practical and joyful way to discuss what a blessing being different can be.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- how you can inspire your child to step into the story God has planned for him
- why differences are purposeful
- why it’s helpful for parents to identify their child’s challenges and differences
- why working with your child’s differences instead of against them is so important for your relationship
- a special message from Nathan to your tween/teen…and to you, as well