Once a child is ready to begin his formal education, Nature Study should play a weekly role in his studies. In addition to reaping the benefits of being out in nature, attention to detail is a habit that can be cultivated through journaling.
With My Nature Journal: Three Years of Observation, you will get space to record…
- Three years of “first” sightings, organized by season
- The “Tree of the Year” by season
- Leaves found Locally
- Flowers from the Neighborhood
- Birds in the Backyard
- Critters in the Community
- Insects & Spiders of Interest
- Rocks & Seashells by the Seashore
- Weather for a Month
- Constellations on a Clear Night
- Moon Phases for a Month
- Exploring the Great Outdoors
- Free Sketches from Everyday Observations
- Charlotte Mason quotes throughout to inspire you and your child
So why did I choose to make this a printable and not a bound book?
First off, if I bound it, I could not give away copies for free. But the most important reason for making this a printable is because this is your (or your child’s) book. If you want to print five pages for flowers instead of two, you can do that. Should you have no interest whatsoever in the constellations and want to skip that page, so be it. If you spill your coffee on your tree of the year, no problem…just print another one. If you have one kid or five – if you want a copy for yourself and your children, or if you just want to print one for the family – it’s up to you. The price remains the same and you have the freedom to use this digital product as you see fit.