I’m Cindy…writer, creator, and outside-the-box mom. This site is dedicated to encouraging and empowering parents who homeschool their outside-the-box children.
Life as a Rinnagade began in June 2012, received a makeover and a slight name change (MY Life as a Rinnagade) in April 2014, and finally became Cindy Rinna.com in February 2017.
I’m a homeschool mom to four lovely and very outside-the-box children. Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD and dyslexia are all a part of our homeschool adventure.
Here’s the whole gang …
You might be wondering…what exactly is outside-the-box?
Things that work for typical children just don’t seem to work for outside-the-box kids. They may struggle with academics. They may be supremely gifted in academics. They may be a highly sensitive or high needs child. They may be a little immature for their age and have trouble in social situations. They may have difficulties with emotions and relationships. Or they may have a formal diagnosis like autism, ADHD, dyslexia, SPD, ODD or OCD.
I understand what it feels like to be completely overwhelmed and I know what it feels like to go at this alone. There is not a lot of support out there for homeschooling families with outside-the-box children. My goal is to change that.
If you want to come along for the ride, you can sign up for my newsletter here:
Where to start
- If you love everything Charlotte Mason, start here.
- If you are a curriculum junkie, start here.
- If you have children under the age of six, start here.
- If you’ve got a child with autism, start here.
- If you’ve got a child with ADHD, start here.
- If you’ve got a child with dyslexia, start here.
- If you don’t know where to start, start here ;).
- To read my most popular post ever, read this.
20 random facts about me
- I am slightly obsessed with Target, reading, decaf coffee, children’s literature & Charlotte Mason
- I have a B.A. in Writing (no, not journalism or English…Writing. This is a real thing)
- My life verse is Psalm 18:16-19 because it happened to me
- Tetris and Dr. Mario are the only video games I’ll play
- When I was a child, my mom watched so many musicals that I thought people from the past really danced around in the streets and randomly broke out in song
- I would be lost without my Kitchenaid Mixer
- My favorite color is green
- I actually enjoy doing laundry; it feels like I went shopping when I’m done
- My favorite sport is tennis
- I adore clean countertops and dream of them often
- I sew almost every Sunday
- Our family verse was the first thing we ever memorized in our homeschool
- I have two raised gardens
- I have a published non-fiction book, a published poetry book, an unfinished novel, and an index card stack full of “upcoming projects”
- I have wanted a white house with a wraparound porch since I was 10-years-old which is part of the reason I agreed to move south when my husband brought it up (but we don’t live in one)
- I love highlighting off my to-do list…like, a physical one with paper and highlighter
- My favorite day of the week is Thursday, stemming from my college days of watching “Friends”, getting Chinese food, and having no class on Friday
- I love Fried Green Tomatoes (the movie, book, and food…in that order)
- My kids and I have poetry and tea time on a weekly basis
- I love having a reason to get dressed up but somehow can’t manage to make it out of yoga pants at this stage in my life
For business inquiries…
I am currently accepting the following collaborations:
If after visiting my blog you think we’d make a good team, please email me at cindyrinna at cindyrinna dot com.
For personal inquiries…
Is there something you’d like to talk about more in depth?
Feel free to email me at cindyrinna at cindyrinna dot com. While I do read every email that comes through, I am unable to respond to every one.